Matamata RSA Newsletter
We pride ourselves for being a modern RSA that values our past but embraces our future.
We are family friendly and cater for all age groups.
Dates for your diary:
Friday 2nd RSA vs NW 8 Ball competition 7.30 pm – last one for the year
Tuesday 6th Melbourne Cup at 4.30 pm. Fish & Chips available after the race.
Wednesday 14th Housie 6.30 pm Bistro open from 5.30 pm Light Snacks
Thursday 15th – Xmas raffle and Ham raffles start. Winners of the Ham raffle will be given a voucher to take to The Meat Co to pick up their Hams
Sunday 18th Drawn Pairs Ham 8 Ball Competition. Club opens at 1.30 pm, games start at 2.30 pm.
Sunday 25th Member’s Roast 6.00 pm- Bookings by Thursday 22nd – $18.00 a head 2 course meal. Final one for the year.
December Diary Dates
Sunday 9th – Kids Xmas Party 11.00 am. Farmyard Friends, Bouncy Castle and Santa arriving at 12.00 pm. Snacks will be available at 1.00 pm
Sunday16th – Spud in a Bucket Weigh in. Club opens at 10.00 am weigh in at 11.00 am. Competitions, prize for the Heaviest Single potato, largest gross weight & lightest weight potatoes. There will also be a completion for the best potato inspired hat.
Steeny’s Tuesday Night Draw at 7.00 pm. Purchase any drink on Tuesday night and go in the draw to win $50.00. You must be present to claim the prize. 1 ticket per person
Sponsored by Brian Steen –Matamata Tyre Service
Armistice Day 11 November
Matamata RSA is hosting the district Armistice Day Service for Matamata, Te Aroha & Morrinsville RSA’s. We will be having an open day as well after the service.
Sunday Roast Voucher Membership Draw: K. McConnell (Skippy)
Sunday Roast Voucher Attendee: Dick Larkin
Wanted: The RSA is looking for Xmas lights to decorate a tree and the outside of the building if anyone has Xmas lights that they either no longer need or can lend us. We are also looking for someone who is able to sharpen our kitchen knives.
Elusive Joker – Friday nights
Tickets on Sale Friday’s between 5.00 and 7.00 pm. Drawn between 7.00 and 7.15 pm. Tickets only $1.00 each. You must be present for the draw.
Sky Sport: November on Sky
Saturday 3rd at 6.45 pm vs Japan – Nibbles at half time
Sunday 18th at 8.00 am vs Ireland – Club will open at 7.30 am Breakfast available $10 a head (Eggs & Bacon,
To make you smile
- Today at the bank, an old lady asked me to help check her balance. So I pushed her over.
- I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
- I told my girlfriend she drew her eyebrows too high. She seemed surprised.
- My dog used to chase people on a bike a lot. It got so bad, finally I had to take his bike away.
- I’m so good at sleeping. I can do it with my eyes closed.
- My boss told me to have a good day. So I went home.
- Why is Peter Pan always flying? He Neverland’s.
- A woman walks into a library and asked if they had any books about paranoia. The librarian says “They’re right behind you!”
- The other day, my wife asked me to pass her lipstick but I accidentally passed her a glue stick. She still isn’t talking to me.
- Why do blind people hate skydiving? It scares the hell out of their dogs.
- When you look really closely, all mirrors look like eyeballs.
- My friend says to me: “What rhymes with orange” I said: “No it doesn’t”
- What do you call a guy with a rubber toe? Roberto.
- What did the pirate say when he turned 80 years old? Aye matey.
- My wife told me I had to stop acting like a flamingo. So I had to put my foot down.
- I couldn’t figure out why the baseball kept getting larger. Then it hit me.
- Why did the old man fall in the well? Because he couldn’t see that well.
- I ate a clock yesterday, it was very time consuming.
- Whatdya call a Frenchman wearing sandals? Phillipe Phillope.
Do we have your mobile number: If you would like to receive updates via your mobile about special deals, drink or bistro prices, members draw jackpot and events make sure we have your right mobile number Phone the RSA. 07 888 7190 call in and visit or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our sponsor for the Thursday night members draw for November is Plumbco Check out our website www.matamatarsa.co.nz or our Facebook Page