FUN | FRIENDSHIP | FAMILY ….. THE BEATING HEART OF MATAMATA
DIARY DATES –OCTOBER 2020
4th October – Sunday Roast –6pm; $20pp. We can offer a vegetarian option (please enquire) – bookings closed!
8th October – Sunday – Country Music Club – 1pm
9th October – Friday – RSA vs New World 8-Ball – 7.30pm till late
25th October – Sunday Roast –6pm; $20pp. We can offer a vegetarian option (please enquire) – bookings essential.
30th October – Friday – QUIZ NIGHT – Halloween – 7.30pm; $2pp. Dress the part for spot prizes! Cash prizes on offer. Bangers & Mash available at $6pp – must be pre-ordered and pre-paid – ask the bar staff for vouchers
- Rock ‘n Roll – Strut your stuff or learn a few new moves. All ages and levels welcome. Every MONDAY night. Be here by 6.30 for a 6.45pm start. $2 per person.
- Indoor Bowls – Social games for fun and companionship. All levels welcome. 1pm start every MONDAY. Tea, coffee, biscuits available for a gold coin donation.
- 500 Club – Card shark? Beginner? All welcome. Every TUESDAY at 1pm. Tea, coffee, biscuits available for a gold coin donation.
- Housie – Play starts at 6.30pm sharp every WEDNESDAY (except 1st Wed of the month!)
- Darts – Fridays 7.30pm …. Don’t miss the fun!
- Killer Pool – Every SUNDAY. Names in by 3:45pm. Play starts at 4:00pm. $5 per person. Winner takes all.
- Elusive Joker – Every FRIDAY. Sales from 5pm – drawn just after 7pm. $1 a ticket. You must be over 18 and present to win!
RAFFLES – Raffle tickets on sale from 3pm daily at the bar. Draws take place from 6.30pm.
- Tuesday – hot roast chickens + vouchers; Lucky Number Draw (fornightly)
- Thursday – Meat packs; Club Membership Draw after raffles (you must be present to win!)
- Friday – Meat packs
MEMBERSHIP CARDS – Members MUST carry their RSA Membership cards on them at all times whilst on the premises. This is a legal requirement. If you win the Membership Draw and cannot produce your card, you will NOT be able to claim the winnings! Please bear in mind that we can be liable for a fine of up to $20,000 if you are found not carrying your cards by an inspector!
SUGGESTIONS – This is YOUR CLUB. If you have suggestions on events, menus etc, pop your suggestions into the office in writing or send an email – we can’t action or discuss verbal requests!
TAP BEERS – Our NEW DB Beers are in stock … Amstel Light and Export 33! While stocks last, you can win a FREE t-shirt with any DB keg beer purchase – just a few remain! Also check out the great pricing on 1.8 litre branded jugs of TUI and Export 33!
CHEQUES – By July 2021, cheques will be a thing of the past. Are you ready to move ahead with alternative payment means?
Sponsor for the Thursday night Members’ Draw for OCTOBER is:
PLUMBING – GASFITTING – DRAINAGE – HEATING – ROOFING
0800 PLUMBCO (0800 758 6226)
Kindly supplied by Baigent Motors Matamata. The van is now up and running with volunteer drivers. Please call the bar to book.
A Cowboy was told that if he sprinkled gunpowder on his breakfast, he’d live to a ripe old age.
So he did this religiously, every morning and lived to the ripe old age of 96.
He left behind 8 Children, 24 Grandchildren and 60 Great Grandchildren, as well as a 16 foot hole in the wall of the crematorium!
OCTOBER BIRTHDAYS …. Remember to enjoy your free birthday drink by asking the bar staff!
LD Dooley Morgan Aston Carol Curtis SA Macdonald
Judy Postlewaight Alec Corned Ron Menzies Anne Anderson
AM Goodall DA Edwards IJ Weatherley N Scott
C Vulgar GF Dijkman Frank van Heuven Denise Wadams
RD Graham Danny Bradley WS Allen Steven Hughes
KG Thomas David Turner Ross Davies SK Tisch
John Hooper P Cameron Carol Burns Joyce Hartley
Martin Davies G Hayes Dan Weatherley WF Butt
BJ Mold R Autridge S Darragh LS Edge
MD Armstrong Clive Dean Craig Doughty Lily Armstrong
Bill Fort BM Anderson TS Wealleans TD Walker
TJ McDermott BEH Wood
See you at the Club!