The Matamata Memorial RSA Inc complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use and protect your personal information. This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information about the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto our website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We gather a variety of information about our current and potential members. This information includes the following personal information:
- Email, Residential or Business address
- Date of birth and gender details
- Telephone numbers
- Key interest areas including club sports and preferences
- Information about your use of the club, including visiting times, purchase history and facility use
WHERE DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM?
- You – when you provide that personal information to use, including via the website, any app and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (eg telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and/or products.
- Third parties – where we reasonably believe you have authorised this, or where we reasonably believe the information is publicly available.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To verify your identity
- To provide services & products to you
- To market our services & products to you, including contacting you electronically (text or email)
- To improve the services & products that we provide to you
- To bill you and to collect any monies that you owe use, including authorising & processing credit card transactions
- To respond to communications from you, including complaints
- To conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
- RNZRSA and/or Clubs NZ Incorporated
- Any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services & products
- Other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information (eg a regulatory authority)
- Any other person authorised by the Act or another law (eg a law enforcement agency)
- Any other person authorised by you.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity or other misuse.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we may need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take all reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested a correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at [email protected]. Your email should provide evidence of who you are, and set out the details of your request (eg the personal information or the correction that you are requesting).