FUN | FRIENDSHIP | FAMILY ….. THE BEATING HEART OF MATAMATA
DIARY DATES – DECEMBER 2020
- 5th December – Christmas Parade – volunteers are to please assemble at Club
at 9am to complete the float. Kids can start assembling around 10am. We need
to be lining up around 10.30 – with the parade kicking off at 11am.
Lollies and the like can NOT be thrown from the float, so we’ll need some
volunteers who are happy to walk beside the float and hand out lollies.
- 12th December – 8-Ball Drawn Pairs Ham Tournament – Club opens 9am. ARE YOUR NAMES ON THE LIST? Hams for winners and special prize for second!
- 13th December – Spud in Bucket Weigh-In. Club opens 10am. Please have all spuds in for weighing as early as possible but preferably before 11am. We have our sponsors judging and I’m sure they won’t want to be kept waiting too long! BBQ lunch will be available.
- 17th December – DB ham draw – 7.30pm. Have you been drinking any DB products (Heineken, Amstel, Tui etc?) Don’t forget to have your card stamped – when it’s full, just pop it into the draw box on the bar counter. We have FOUR hams to give away!
- 18th December – if the Elusive Joker hasn’t gone by today, it will be a HAVE to go night!
- 18th – 24th December – Visit Santa nightly in his grotto for a photo. Make use of the photoboard. All weather! 6pm to 8.30pm.
- 24th December – Celebrate Christmas Eve with us. Bistro open to 8.30, then party the night away with some fun and games!
- 31st December – Say farewell to 2020 …. Most of us will be glad to see the back of this particular year! LIVE BAND. Nibbles. Late, late, late opening! The fun will start at 8pm.
REGULAR EVENTS WILL RESTART IN THE NEW YEAR – keep and eye around the Club and on social media for recommencement dates:
- Rock ‘n Roll – Strut your stuff or learn a few new moves. All ages and levels welcome. Every MONDAY night. Be here by 6.30 for a 6.45pm start. $2 per person.
- Indoor Bowls – Social games for fun and companionship. All levels welcome. 1pm start every MONDAY. Tea, coffee, biscuits available for a gold coin donation.
- 500 Club – Card shark? Beginner? All welcome. Every TUESDAY at 1pm. Tea, coffee, biscuits available for a gold coin donation.
- Housie – Play starts at 6.30pm sharp every WEDNESDAY (except 1st Wed of the month!)
- Darts – Fridays 7.30pm …. Don’t miss the fun!
- Killer Pool – Every SUNDAY. Names in by 3:45pm. Play starts at 4:00pm. $5 per person. Winner takes all.
- Elusive Joker – Every FRIDAY. Sales from 5pm – drawn just after 7pm. $1 a ticket. You must be over 18 and present to win!
RAFFLES – Raffle tickets on sale from 3pm daily at the bar. Draws take place from 6.30pm.
- Tuesday – hot roast chickens + vouchers; Lucky Number Draw (fortnightly)
- Thursday – Meat packs; Club Membership Draw after raffles (you must be present to win!)
- Friday – Meat packs
- RAFFLES WILL CONTINUE OVER THE HOLIDAYS – Vouchers will be issued instead of meat packs!
MEMBERSHIP CARDS – Members MUST carry their RSA Membership cards on them at all times whilst on the premises. This is a legal requirement. If you win the Membership Draw and cannot produce your card, you will NOT be able to claim the winnings! Please bear in mind that we can be liable for a fine of up to $20,000 if you are found not carrying your cards by an inspector! Forgotten your card? Sign the Visitor Book please!
MEMBERSHIP FEES – Invoices have now been sent to everyone with an email electronically. For those whom we have no email, they’ve been posted out. Please present your invoice at the bar in order to make payment. Once the cards are received from Head Office, we’ll put the paid members’ cards behind the bar.
SUGGESTIONS – This is YOUR CLUB. If you have suggestions on events, menus etc, pop your suggestions into the office in writing or send an email – we can’t action or discuss verbal requests!
- Give TIGER a whirl …. It is a premium 5% beer with a light, crisp taste, just perfect for Summer!
- Drink any DB beer (bottled or keg) and get your card stamped. When full, pop it in the box on the bar counter and you could WIN one of FOUR hams!
CHEQUES – By July 2021, cheques will be a thing of the past. Are you ready to move ahead with alternative payment means? Talk to your bank about the various options!
Sponsor for the Thursday night Members’ Draw for DECEMBER is:
ELECTRICO …. RESIDENTIAL – COMMERCIAL – RURAL – INDUSTRIAL
T: 888 8245 / Electrico.co.nz
Kindly supplied by Baigent Motors Matamata
DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE! – Please use the Courtesy Van.
The police have already started their drink-driving blitzes! We offer a door to door service!
To make a booking, please phone the Bar EARLIER IN THE DAY! After 2.30pm is best.
If you call after 5pm, chances are the bar staff will be too busy to answer your calls.
KEEP IT CLEAN
Please bear in mind that we are a family-friendly club and our facilities are being used more and more by younger folks.
To this end, please remember that a No-Swearing policy is always in force within the Clubrooms, especially in the presence of minors.
POPPY WALL – Denise Williams has been kind enough to make us a stash of handmade poppies to honour any person or pet who has gone before. $10 donations per poppy.
DECEMBER BIRTHDAYS …. Remember to enjoy your free birthday drink by asking the bar staff!
M Baker D Ballard J Barker
J Bolton R Bray L Brownlie
G Buckingham V Caira
B Caird J Chevis M Chissell
C Christians D Clark A Coutts
A Cressy W Dawson J Dent
W Desai N Dickey J Doughty
B Duggan S Edhouse D Ganley
J Goodall A Griffiths B Hanley
G Harding S Harper-Clark
I Hausman C Henderson A Hopkins
M Howells K Hunwick B Ihaka
J Inch G Jeffcoat G Kane
C Keene H Kirk S Laing
K Loveday A Lunn J Martin
L Martin N Matthews B McCullough
A McDonald P McNamara C Miles
P Mitchell S Morgan G Morris
J Mortimer H Morton R Nelson
P Nother C O’Callaghan
V Parnell P Patten S Perry
K Portland L Sadler R Semmens
S Shelley S Simpson M Sinclair
B Sowry G Stanley C Stoner
K Tantau B Tetley S Tunmore
J Waring R Woolliams P Young
- It is with regret that we have been notified of a few “dings” in the car park lately. We know that accidents happen, but we would hope that all our members and guests have the decency to either leave a note or pop back into the Club! It’s just not fair to the dinged car’s owners to have to repair the damage at their expense!
- Another car park note is a reminder NOT to park on the Bridge Club side please. They are getting very antsy!
- While we are at it …. Please make sure you lock your vehicles in the car park. It is that time of the year when “nimble fingers” may well be at work again!
Remember that we continue to run the Thursday Member Draw during the holidays! You need to be present and be able to present your card!
Wow – what a fantastic day! It was incredible to have over 60 children waiting patiently to see Santa!
Sadly, the bouncy castle had to be put away due to the inclement conditions, but an extra marquee meant the petting zoo could still be visited.
Indoors, while waiting for Santa to arrive, the children learnt how to make Christmas cards, had some fabulous story-telling time and managed to cover themselves in all sorts of tattoos.
Naturally, as soon as Santa arrived, nothing else mattered!
We would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very merry Christmas and all the very best for the forthcoming year …. It simply HAS to be better than 2020, right!!!
Thank you ALL for your continued support of the Club … without you, there would be no point to it all!
See you at the Club!