We encourage the whole family to come along and enjoy our safe and friendly clubrooms.
Diary Dates – October
- Saturday 5th – Kids Colouring Competition Judging 2.00 pm
- Sunday 13th – Bathurst on the big Screen from 3.00 pm
- Wednesday 16th – Internet Scams etc presented by the ANZ 11.00 am (Tea/Coffee provided)
- Sunday 27th – Roast dinner – 6.00 pm.
- Thursday 31st – Raffles and Ham Raffles start
8 Ball News
- Friday 4th – RSA vs New World 7.30 pm
- Killer Pool every Sunday – Play starts at 4.00 pm – $5.00 entry – registration by 3.45 pm
- Sunday 6th – All Blacks vs Nambia 5.45 pm
- Saturday 12th All Blacks vs Italy 5.45 pm
Housie at 6.30 pm every 2nd, 3rd & 4th Wednesday.
Feeling hungry – check out our bar menu
RAFFLES Tickets on sale at the bar or from 5.00 pm on raffle nights – draws take place at 6.30 pm:
- Tuesday – fresh fish (weather permitting) or meat packs and hot roast chickens
- Thursday – meat packs
- Friday – meat packs
ALSO, DON’T FORGET:
- Tuesday – Lucky Number draw – drawn after the raffles
AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE PRESENT FOR:
- Thursday – Club membership draw – after the raffles
- Friday – Elusive Joker –drawn between 7.00 pm and 7.15 pm.
Tickets on sale from 5.00 pm Friday only
Wanted:We are looking for a filing cabinet for the office, if you have one that you no longer need we would appreciate it.
To keep you Smiling “What is Politics?” A little boy goes to his dad and asks, “What is politics?” Dad says, “Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I’m the breadwinner of the family, so let’s call me capitalism. Your Mom, she’s the administrator of the money, so we’ll call her the Government. We’re here to take care of your needs, so we’ll call you the people. The nanny, we’ll consider her the Working Class. And your baby brother, we’ll call him the Future. Now, think about that and see if that makes sense,” So the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what dad had said. Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check on him. He finds that the baby has severely soiled his diaper. So the little boy goes to his parents’ room and finds his mother sound asleep. Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny’s room. Finding the door locked, he peeks in the keyhole and sees his father in bed with the nanny. He gives up and goes back to bed. The next morning, the little boy says to his father, “Dad, I think I understand the concept of politics now.” The father says, “Good son, go ahead and tell me in your own words what you think politics is all about.” The little boy replies, “Well, while Capitalism is screwing the Working Class, the Government is sound asleep, the People are being ignored and the Future is in deep shit.”
Sponsor for the Thursday night Members’ Draw for October is Don Griffiths Ltd 0800 782 7645