As a community-based organisation, we are taking COVID-19 (Coronavirus) seriously, and as a result have implemented the following measures to ensure safety and wellbeing of our staff, members, guests and visitors.
Our primary concern will be to protect people, ensure our obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and to maintain our duty of care to our staff, and to persons on, or seeking to visit our premises.
- All persons who have returned from overseas from midnight Sunday 15 march 2020, or been in contact with people who have returned from overseas travel are required by law to self-isolate for a period of 14 days and, as a result, will not be permitted to enter the Club premises.
- All persons whose place of employment, education or socialisation that has been closed due to a confirmed case of COVID-19 are not to enter the club.
- All persons who experience or show signs of flu-like symptoms are not to enter the Club. These symptoms may include fever, cough, sore throat, tiredness and shortness of breath.
- Persons who are onsite and showing flu-like symptoms will be asked to leave the premises. We encourage all persons who are experiencing flu-like symptoms to follow the advice of Ministry of Health.
- We encourage all staff, members, guests and visitors to practise good hygiene at all times.
- The Club has increased signage within the venue to inform staff, members, guests and visitors of good hygiene practices.
- The Club’s staff will be discouraged from engaging in personal contact, such as the shaking of hands with fellow staff, members, guests and visitors. Please do not take this in any other way than as a preventative and control measure to help prevent the spread of viruses.
- While we do not offer contactless payment (Paywave) at the Club, we are cleaning the Eftpos pin pads at regular intervals. Should you feel the need, a good tip is to use the corner of your Eftpos card to tap your PIN number in – thus avoiding actually touching the keypad!
- The Club is also instituting frequent sanitisation of “high touch areas” including bathrooms, door handles and buttons.
- The Club will continue to monitor the advice of the health authorities, Clubs New Zealand and RSA National, and will implement advice accordingly.
- Hand sanitiser is available at all bar till stations and dotted around the Club. Please make use of this sanitiser anytime you like. Please DO NOT take it home; it’s there for everyone!
- While onsite at the Club, staff, members, guests and visitors are encouraged to practise good personal hygiene including:
- Cleaning your hands regularly for at least 1 minute with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow.
Social distancing and regular hand washing remain the best methods for preventing the spread of Covid-19. If a staff member or member or guest is showing signs of illness (cough, fever) they will be asked to leave the club immediately and asked to seek advice from their doctor or Healthline.
The Club and our Food and Beverage Department are taking our responsibilities seriously and we have implemented a number of temporary measures at the dining facilities which include:
- Removal of cutlery from the servery. Cutlery will be delivered with your meals, pre-wrapped in a serviette.
- Increased sanitation of all work and public spaces.
- Additional staff training.
- Increased use of gloves, including in the acceptance of deliveries.
- Routine cleansing of sauce bottles, salt & pepper shakers etc.
Persons who do not cooperate with our advice in relation to COVID-19 will be asked to leave our premises.
We ask for your complete cooperation and understanding as we continue our commitment to offering a quality based community hub for all people of our community to enjoy.
Our Club remains open and fully functioning. Should an event need to be cancelled due to changing circumstances, we shall post notices on our website and on our Facebook page – please monitor these on a daily basis!
Our Facebook page:
Our website: www.matamatarsa.co.nz
If you have any questions, please seek to liaise with our Club’s management. Further updates may follow.