FUN | FRIENDSHIP | FAMILY
THE BEATING HEART OF MATAMATA
HOURS OF OPERATION – Until further notice, we will be open from 4pm Monday through to Friday, and from 3pm on the weekends. Earlier hours for specific events will be notified.
DIARY DATES – JUNE/JULY 2020
- 30th June – Tuesday – Raffles restart with hot roast chickens and vouchers.
- 4th July – Saturday – Workies vs RSA 8-Ball. Doors open 1pm.
- 5th July – Sunday – Monthly Roast. 6pm start.
- 6th July – Monday – Rock ‘n Roll Club starts again. 6.45 for 7pm. $2pp
- 10th July – Friday – Elusive Joker starts back up! $1 a ticket.
- 19th July – Sunday – Country Music Club. 1pm start.
- 26th July – Sunday – Monthly Roast. 6pm start.
- Rock ‘n Roll – Strut your stuff or learn a few new moves. All ages and level welcome. Every MONDAY night. Be here by 6.30 for a 6.45pm start. $2 per person.
- Indoor Bowls – Social games for fun and companionship. All levels welcome. 1pm start every MONDAY. Tea, coffee, biscuits available for a gold coin donation.
- 500 Club – Card whiz? Beginner? All welcome. Every TUESDAY at 1pm. Tea, coffee, biscuits available for a gold coin donation.
- Housie – Play starts a 6.30pm sharp every WEDNESDAY (except 1st Wed of the month!)
- Killer Pool – Every SUNDAY. Names in by 3:45pm. Play starts at 4:00pm. $5 per person. Winner takes all.
- Bistro – Every THURSDAY & FRIDAY from 5.30pm
Raffle tickets on sale from 5pm on raffle nights. Draws take place from 6.30pm.
- Tuesday – hot roast chickens and vouchers
- Thursday – Meat packs
- Friday – Meat packs
- Tuesday – Lucky Number Draw after the raffles
- Thursday – Club Membership Draw after the raffles
- Friday – Elusive Joker. Drawn between 7-7.15pm. Tickets on sale from 5pm. $1 a ticket – you must be over 18, a member (or be signed in) and you must be present for the draw. Jackpots by $100 each week if not won
Sponsor for the Thursday night Members’ Draw for June is:
CHALLENGE – 118 Broadway, Matamata / T: 07 888 8116Actio
- Veterans/Welfare: Would you like to be part of a team who visits members who are not well or who need some assistance. Please leave your name at the bar or office for us to pass onto Tricia.
- RSA National Bowls Tournament: We are in need of volunteers to assist with the planning and running of this major event on the RSA calendar. The tournament takes place in March 2021, and there can be up to 200 players from around the country! This can be a huge money earner for the Club if handled correctly.
- General Maintenance: We would like to build up a register of people who are willing to attend to odd jobs around the club. Are you a woodworker, plumber, mechanic, etc? Let us know your skills, how we can best reach you, and when you are available. We will add you to our register to call on as required.
- Shuttle Van: We are currently investigating a shuttle van for members’ use. To run this successfully, we will need a roster of volunteers willing to drive the van – please talk to Gayle.
Remember that this is YOUR CLUB. If you have some suggestions on events to run, things to do etc, please talk to Gayle. It is always easier if you pop your suggestions into the office in writing or drop her an email.
To ensure that games like Plumbco and Slotto run smoothly, we have posted rules alongside each board, effective 1st July. Please make sure you have read them.
A man runs into a bar.
Panting, he tells the barkeep, “Give me ten shots of your best whiskey—quick!” So the barkeep sets them up and the man knocks them all back in seconds.
“Why you drinking so fast?” asks the barkeep.
“You’d drink fast too, if you had what I have,” says the man.
“Why, what do you have?” asks the barkeep.
“Only one dollar!”
See you at the Club!
PS – DIARISE THE DATES NOW:
Kids’ Christmas Party – 29 November
Santa Parade – 5 December
Spud in the Bucket weigh in – 12 December